- Kernel configuration, compilation and installation: -Download / access the latest kernel source code from kernel.org, compile the kernel and install it in the local system.
- Installing various software packages: - The student can practice installing the latest version. Of course, this might need internet access.
- GUI programming: - Using eclipse software development tool student can design any project in various languages like php, java, etc.
- Develop free and open web-based resources to help other colleges and community groups get involved, including a repository of software tools and support materials.
- Take the lead role in identifying technologies for different applications for the government, public enterprises, educational institutions, small business, individuals and other key sectors.
- Work with local, national and international institutions and networks working in the FOSS domain in order to share experiences and to learn from one other.
- Student would get an opportunity to lay hands on Autodesk design software, understand principles of 3D design &clear doubts
- Student Should Learn Languages Like PHP, Perl, Python, Android etc. to Develop an Application as per Requirement.
- Will Arrange Workshop on PHP and Developing Projects in PHP .Using open source IDE (Eclips PDT, Code Lite Etc)
- Will Arrange Workshop on Java and Developing Projects In Java and Android. Using open Source IDE (NetBeans, Eclips, Android Studio etc)
Software to be using in real time
- FOSS for business: -Open source is no longer hanging around the periphery of the business conversation.
- Multimedia: -With tools like Audacity and OpenShot, you can do just about anything with audio or video you need.
- Cloud: - The major players in the cloud are open source. Red Hat, Ubuntu, SUSE, Amazon, and Rackspace they all get it and know that open source is the best solution for cloud deployments.
- Big data: - Big data and open source now go hand in hand. Innovations like in-memory data and live kernel patching make open source an ideal solution for big data.
- Development: - Developing with open source is a no-brainer. PHP, Python, Java jdk 1.7 there are as many languages to develop with as there are tools.
- Security: - The route to security is a challenging one the open source security route will take a bit more time to deploy.
Foss Lab Co-ordinator
Name- Mr. Mubarak D. Jamadar
Designation- Assistant Professor
Department- Computer Science & Engineering
FOSS Lab Syllabus
Unit 1- Foss Introduction
Definition of open source software, essential requirements for being open, free software vs open source software, 4 degrees of freedom wrt software, notion of a fork, popular FOSS examples (Firefox, Linux, Apache, Moodle, open office).
Installation of open source OS and creating environment for open source development, Basic Linux Commands, Advanced Linux Administration, Configuration, Maintenance commands.
Unit 3- Web Servers and CMS
Installation and Administration of Web Servers- LAMP, XAMPP, Apache etc. Installation and Administration of Different Databases – mysql, MariaDB etc. Installation of Content Management Systems – WordPress, Joomla, Drupal, Moodle, Magento.
Unit 4- Installation and Configuration of different servers
Installation, Configuration, Maintenance and Administration of Moodle server, Own cloud Server, FTP Server, DHCP Server and different IDE with languages like python, java, PHP, C, C++ etc
Unit 5- Networking and Firewall Administration
Network installation, Wi-Fi Access point Configuration, Open Source Firewall Installation, Configuration and Administration, User Creation, Monitoring and Restrictions.
Two days workshop on “FOSS (Free and Open-Source Software) Technologies For faculties on 2nd & 3rd March, 2016.”
Two days workshop on “FOSS (Free and Open-Source Software) Technologies for Students on 4th & 5th March, 2016. ”
- Two Days Hands-On Worksop on "Android Development" 52 Students Participated
- 16 Android Projects Developed under FOSS LAB
- Two Days Hands-On Workshop on "Python" Conducted Students 40 Students Participated
List of Android Projects Under FOSS LAB
|Group No||Sr No||Name of the Student||Project Guide||Title|
|1||1||Shraddha R Chougule||Mr. Venkatesh||Emergency Alarm And Health Care Management System|
|2||Sonali L Patil|
|4||Shivanjali R Aitawade|
|2||5||Indrajit V Patil||Mr R M Patil||Sketch Yourself Android Application|
|6||Mobin S Mulla|
|8||Somanath N Gangathar|
|3||9||Akshay Shastri||Mr M D Jamadar||Meal Ordering System Android Application|
|10||Swapnil M Patil|
|11||Avinash A Bhise|
|12||Tejas S Patil|
|4||13||Puja A Patil||Mr A H Pudale||Donors and Receivers Android Application|
|14||Sonali S Patil|
|15||Kavita S Madnaik|
|5||16||Priya R Kavale||Ms P A Bagane||Pocket Expense Android Application|
|17||Aishwarya K Badave|
|18||Gayatri P Tambekar|
|19||Swati Y Wayase|
|20||Varsha A Magdum|
|6||21||Shivani RKole||Ms M N Jadhav||Alumni Portal App Mobile Application|
|24||Ashwini K Patil|
|7||25||Namrata N Mane||Ms S K More||Online Smart Village Monitoring System|
|26||Priyanka S Khade|
|27||Pratidnya P Mane|
|28||Ashwini M Dhatunde|
|29||Nilam S Patil|
|8||30||Hema P Patil||Mr B J Gorad||Emergency Alarm And Health Care Management System|
|31||Shailaja S Swami|
|32||Puja S Langote|
|9||34||Varsha SHalvankar||Ms S Kambre||Kisan Seva Android Application|
|10||38||Puja Uppadhey||Mr O D Joshi||Travel Planner Android Application|
|11||41||Swapnil RGhorapade||Mr R G Ghorapade||Location based car rental system Android Application|
|12||45||Padmashree A Patil||Mr N P Jadhav||Project Pair Programming allocation and project problem|
|47||Ankita S Salunkhe|
|13||50||Priyadarshini A Jadhav||Mr U M Mulani||Parent Communication Register Android Application|
|51||Snehal R Kambale|
|52||Laxmi B Dhangar|
|53||Ankita V Hogade|
|54||Maya B Bhatale|
|14||55||Siddharth C Jain||Mr S Gurav||GPS Based Friend Tracker Android Application|
|56||Ashish P Upadhye|
|57||Nasir A Kalawant|
|58||Sanket R Patil|
|15||59||Pravin A Kamble||Mr M D Jilan||Wake Up Android Application|
|60||Sahir M Kazi|
|61||Asif H Mujawar|
|62||Dnyaneshwar J Kamble|
|16||63||Krishna R Kole||Ms S K More||Message Reader Android Application|