- The cyber suraksha lab is industry sponsored lab. This lab is established at CSE department, SITCOE in association with “Arya technologies”, Kolhapur.
- Information security is the collection of technologies, standards, policies and management practices that are applied to information to keep it secure.
- The main goal of this lab is to carry out industry related work like industrial projects, industrial visits and industrial training from industry experts.
- TO UNDERSTAND IMPORTANCE OF SECURITY
- TO LEARN SECURITY TOOLS
- EFFECTIVE USE OF SECURITY TOOLS
- DESIGN SECURE SYSTEMS
- DESIGN SECURE NETWORK SYSTEMS.
List of software’s available
- N map (linux- Open source network scanner and VA tool)
- Zen map (Windows, Linux- Open Source network scanner and VA tool)
- Wire shark (Network Analyzer)
- Nessus (Windows- Paid- Network scanning and vulnerability & Pne test tool)
- nipper ( Windows- Paid- Configuration scanner)
- Armitage & Metasploit ( Kali Linux- VAPT tool)
- DVWA (Linux)
Benefits to students
- Students will work simultaneously with industrial persons with their ongoing projects.
- More chances of getting employment with that industry.
- Students will learn latest security tools other than their academics.
- More chances of getting sponsored projects.
- Strengthens the student industry relationship.
- Industrial visit for students and faculties.
- Trying to get industry sponsored projects.
- Organizing workshop for faculties and students by industry experts.
1. Got two projects from Arya technologies.
- Information system Audit( Sponsored).
- Remote booting via cloud computing( Non sponsored)
2. Conducted FDP on “Big data, Hadoop and Security”
3. Organized industrial visit to students as well as faculties.