Industry Institute Partnership
The Industry-Institute Partnership Cell (IIPC) of the SITCOE is a dedicated cell to promote the close interaction of industry and various departments of the institute. The IIP Cell facilitates consultancy, sponsored R&D projects and industrial and academic trainings those are not prescribed in the syllabus in addition to conducting industrial exhibitions and interaction meets.
The initial focus of this cell was to closely interact with industries situated in and around MAHARASHTRA State and later expand the efforts to move the partnership and activities across India and Abroad. Industries and Technical Institution have a strong mutuality of interest which forms the basis of a partnership between them. This cell will enable the people and industries in particular to know about the facilities on training, testing and research activities in the college's departments.
The objectives of IIP Cell are:
- To arrange the Value Addition Programs (VAP) which allows the students to choose any branch specific or interdisciplinary course apart from academics which strengthen the profile and knowledge of the student.
- To interact with R&D Organizations for conducting joint research work involving faculty/scientists and students/research scholars etc.
- Faculty exchanges - getting professionals from industry as visiting faculty or adjunct professors for short or long periods and deputation of faculty to industry to gain industrial experience and/or work on projects in industry.
- Curriculum development- associating experts from industry in curriculum planning and review. Personality development workshop for students relating with soft skills (communication skills / personality development).
- Guest lectures by eminent personalities, academics, leading industrialists at regular intervals to update the students knowledge.
- Institute can provide services to industry such as Library and information services to the industries for better Industry -Institute synergy.
Name: Dr. N C Hiremath Designation: Dean - Industry Institute Interaction Qualification: B E (Mech), M E (Prod Mgt), PhD (IIT KGP) E mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com Contact Number: +91-7022-202-079